Klocwork helps developers create more secure and reliable software. Our tools analyze source code on-the-fly, simplify peer code reviews, and extend the life of complex software. Our customers are some of the biggest brand names in the world, building medical devices like robotic arms, the most advanced aerospace technology imaginable, automotive wizardry, and mobile telecom wonders for today's needs and tomorrow's dreams. These companies rely on Klocwork's patented technology to analyze and strengthen their "can't fail" software. To do this, we need exceptional people on our team. People that want to be at the cutting edge of software development - software that is literally shaping the way society lives.
You'll be part of a highly skilled, fast-paced team where we face new challenges and celebrate success together. We are a team of bright minds and motivated individuals who openly share ideas to shape the future of software development while ensuring success for our customers.
If you are up for a challenging and rewarding opportunity with a company that cares about our customers' code as well as your professional development, we'd love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention; Human Resources or by mail to:
30 Edgewater Street, Suite #114
Kanata, Ontario K2L 1V8
Attention: Human Resources
Detailed Career Postings
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for all aspects of IT support within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. As a member of the IT Department you will be providing support services to end users. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing user support to both local and remote users including new system and software installs, troubleshooting, repairs and user training
- Tracking all user requests and activities and producing a regular report of issues and resolutions
- Installing and configuring software and hardware
- Maintaining system documentation including licensing, user manuals, inventories of hardware and software, etc.
- Identify and resolve system problems with lab computers, computer file servers, printers, etc.
- Assist in infrastructure support including server backups, network and system security, account creation and general troubleshooting
- Assist in the development of shell scripts in order to automate simple routine tasks
- Assist in tracking and assessing system/network requirements to project future demand for additional storage, terminals, printers, etc.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and upgrades to the networks, workstations and peripherals
- Assists in the implementation procedures for disaster recovery
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- 40-hour on-site work week with scheduled on-call availability
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- This position requires a high degree of confidentiality
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- 3-4 years experience with Windows Desktop troubleshooting (Windows 7 or higher)
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory and MS Exchange Server
- 1-2 years experience with Linux systems
- Understanding of web technologies and protocols
- Knowledge of popular open source applications
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with virtualization(VmWare) an asset.
- Experience with PowerShell, Bash, HTML, PHP and SQL languages
- Previous support for Microsoft Dynamics
- A strong passion for technology and strong desire to improve and expand skill-sets
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with users
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Develop test plans and executes both manual and automated test cases; Use software skills to write programs to validate software functionality and identify errors/non-compliance;
- Design and maintenance of automated testing framework
- Monitor and analyze test data to identify incorrect tool behaviour and potential causes;
- Isolate and reproduce errors and identifies causes;
- Enter bugs into Problem Reporting System for action by development group and follows up;
- Develop and maintain testing documentation with test case descriptions, specifications and expected results;
- Issue status report to manager describing results;
- Recommend alternatives to improve verification time and/or coverage and automate testing where ever possible;
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver Automated Testing System
- Experience with Programming languages in C, C++,C# is an asset
- Experience with Operating Systems – UNIX (Linux, Solaris), Mac OS X, Windows Vista/7/8
- Experience using at least one of the Version Control Systems: git, svn, cvs, ClearCase, TFS and Perforce
- Experience with multiple IDEs such as Eclipse, Wind River Workbench, IntelliJIDEA, Visual Studio is an asset
Minimum Education and Experience
- University or College degree in Computer programming, web development or equivalent
- 1-3 years of automated web testing experience