kwdeploy deploys custom checkers from the <projects_root>/plugins folder to the build environment (<server_install>/plugins). kwdeploy is installed with the Klocwork Server package. For how-to information, see Deploying custom checkers.
- The Klocwork Servers must be running. See Starting the Klocwork Servers.
- As soon as a checker package is placed in the <projects_root>/plugins folder, it is immediately available to connected desktop users upon synchronization.
kwdeploy <subcommand> [--url http(s)://<host>:<port>]
- <subcommand> is install, sync (the default), or uninstall (see below)
- <host>:<port> is the host machine and port running the Klocwork Server you want to connect to
There are three subcommands for kwdeploy:
- kwdeploy sync, which is the default if you don't specify a subcommand, keeps the build environment synchronized with the projects_root by automatically installing all available checkers in the <projects_root>/plugins folder into your build environment and removing any checkers from your build environment that don't match those available in <projects_root>/plugins.
- kwdeploy install <CHECKER1> <CHECKER2> <...> gives you more control over your build environment, letting you specify which checkers you want deployed in your build environment.
- kwdeploy uninstall <CHECKER1> <CHECKER2> <...> uninstalls specific checkers from your build environment.
Before running kwdeploy or kwdeploy install to add checkers to your build environment, you must copy the checker deployment package into <projects_root>/plugins.
If you're using kwdeploy sync to remove checkers from your build environment, you must remove the checkers from the projects_root/plugins folder first (or if the checkers are platform-dependent, from <projects_root>/plugins/<platform-name>).
If you're using kwdeploy uninstall, you must run kwdeploy uninstall first, and then remove the checkers from <projects_root>/plugins.
|install <CHECKER1> <CHECKER2> <...>||installs only specified checkers to the build environment; checker names are:
|sync||synchronizes the build environment with the contents of <projects_root>/plugins by automatically installing all available checkers from <projects_root>/plugins, and uninstalling checkers from the build environment that don't match the contents of <projects_root>/plugins|
|uninstall <CHECKER1> <CHECKER2> <...>||uninstalls only specified checkers from the build environment; after you do this you must manually remove the checkers from <projects_root>/plugins|
|--help||displays the available options|
|--url http(s)://<klocwork_server_host>:<klocwork_server_port>/||URL for the Klocwork Server.
Use https:// if a secure Klocwork Server connection has been configured.
Documentation for custom C/C++ KAST checkers
- Tutorial 1 - Creating a C/C++ KAST checker
- Tutorial 2 - Creating a C/C++ KAST checker with built-in functions
- Tutorial 3 - Creating a C/C++ KAST checker with custom functions
- Creating and testing C/C++ KAST custom functions